Hyundai Motor India Limited (HMIL), country’s first smart mobility solutions provider and largest exporter since inception, today showcased a new dimension of sustainable and intelligent technologies that will be introduced on the soon to be launched Hyundai IONIQ 5. HMIL will open customer bookings for Hyundai IONIQ 5 from December 20, 2022.
Commenting on announcement, Mr. Unsoo Kim, MD & CEO, Hyundai Motor India Ltd., said, “IONIQ is a brand that we have developed specifically for dedicated BEV models. It has been designed for those customers who want to be in charge of a brighter and more sustainable tomorrow. Hyundai IONIQ 5 has been developed on the dedicated E-GMP platform and perfectly reflects our Global Vision of ‘Progress for Humanity’, epitomizing our pursuit of quality time, as we aspire to make every moment of our customer rewarding and worthwhile. This new BEV SUV combines elements of nature and Hyundai’s ingenuity to harness the true potential of humanity, thereby offering a product that will revolutionize the future course of sustainable smart mobility. With Hyundai IONIQ 5, we are taking customer experiences beyond simple transportation, customers can now experience a new realm of mobility that seamlessly intertwines with their lifestyle, making every moment an occasion to cherish.”
Empowered by a vision to transform mobility, Hyundai has been pioneering the EV race with innovative solutions that merge challenges of today with technology of tomorrow, to build a better future. Hyundai IONIQ 5 draws a strong sense of inspiration from the world around it, making a difference today by incorporating natural and recycled elements –
- Bio Paint is used on Hyundai IONIQ 5’s surfaces such as crash pad, switches, steering wheel and door panels that includes oil extractions from plants such as rape flowers and corn
- Eco-processed Leather used in Hyundai IONIQ 5’s interior is dyed using flaxseed oil
- Headlining and carpet fabric includes bio components extracted from sugarcane and corn
- Eco Friendly Fabric is created using up to 32 plastic bottles that are shredded into plastic chips. These chips are melted and spun into threads which makes for an inviting fabric that is used on the seatback and door armrest of Hyundai IONIQ 5.
- 100% Recyclable paperette from HDPE has the same lightness and texture with traditional paper.
Smart Mobility experiences are personified with Hyundai IONIQ 5 pushing the boundaries of engineering innovation to a new level. Hyundai’s innovative direction is centred around thoughtful enhancements to create truly liberating mobility experiences.
Hyundai IONIQ 5 is geared up to transform customer lifestyle with thoughtful innovation in the third space incorporating features such as –
- A unique Vision Roof that comes with full glass panel without any centre partition, providing a greater sense of openness
- Reflecting a signature design identity, Parametric Pixel LED headlamps showcase the design inspiration of Hyundai IONIQ 5, building on the BEV SUV’s futuristic appeal
- Parametric Pixel design is carried forward on R20 (D=512.8mm) Alloy Wheels that create a true sense of symmetry while enhancing overall aerodynamics
- With a magnetic dashboard, Hyundai IONIQ 5 builds on attributes that create new experiences in customers’ journey of mobility helping them collect precious moments
- With a focus on space innovation, Hyundai IONIQ 5 features a large drawer-type glovebox that enhances usability and convenience